Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Very Merry Engaged Christmas

This Christmas has been quite a whirlwind, but Kenny and I did stop and smell the pine tree. 

On December 14th, Kenny and I celebrated St. Lucia's Day, getting in touch with his Norwegian roots, and hopefully adding this to our holiday traditions. I made a delicious pot of lamb shanks, which were a complete hit! You can find the recipe here. And made St. Lucia buns, which are basically hot-crossed buns with saffron and raisins. Delicious when warm with a little butter and a hot cup of gluhwein. 
I also crafted a few gifts this year, one which were attic journals and ribbon bookmarks for my bridesmaids.
For the kids in our lives I made snowman kits. Can't wait till it snows so I can see pictures of the kids and their snowman!
One of Kenny and my favorite gifts this year was a beautiful handmade quilt from his dad's girlfriend.
We hope everyone had as wonderful of a Christmas as we had! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment