Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thanksgiving at the Strand House



Kenny and I decided this year that we would host a small get together with our two immediate families at our new house. That meant that I was going to tackle the turkey once again. My first turkey was last year and it was quite the learning experience. This year I had some help and support, since my mom was joining us.

It still meant an early morning as I was making cinnamon rolls for breakfast and I needed to get them in the oven before the turkey took-over. Of course this meant turning on the Macy's Day Parade, the fire to take the chill off the house, and coffee pot since it was so early.





I was so happy at how it all turned out. Thank you Mom for all the help. When all was said and done, Kenny and I settled in with our turkey/eggnog comas and happily congratulated ourselves on hosting our first family holiday.


And in good ol' Jennifer & Kenny Strand fashion (yes, I married the man who loves Christmas just as much as I do—I wouldn't have asked for anything less), down came Thanksgiving and up went Christmas.




Pin It

1 comment: